I just turned the big 2-4. On this scale of worst to best years in your twenties, I’m still ranked pretty high, but apparently I’ve left the worst year behind me. Nice knowin’ ya, 23.
1. This past weekend I nannied for kids I’ve known for years and years. We baked apple pie, ate some great food, watched loads of basketball and I just so happened to read one of the best books of my life: Gone Girl. I only have 50 more pages. Get that book in your hands people.
2. We are planning a holiday party on the east side and sending invitations to (gasp) 1,700 students. This doesn’t include parents, siblings, etc. Our activities include snowflake and ornament decorating, a warm lasagna meal, meeting Santa, a small music program and winter gear giveaway. I’m not sure how sane I will be come two weeks, so if you’d like to help out in any capacity, do tell.
3. I met this lady named Sarah and she is a competitive endurance cyclist. Naturally, I meet inspiring people and want my life to be a small portion like theirs. So I’ve been looking up summer races that are 200K or more. I feel like I’m doing my body a disservice by not doing endurance riding because clearly after eight weeks of hauling my booty across the country, I’m quite capable. Here’s to reminiscing. I miss you, friends.
4. A connection (through my wonderful VP) may have been made to get me into brand new apartments in the Village come 2014 with the first choice of location. I’m not dead set on the idea of moving, but living in the Village would be quite convenient with work and CrossFit.
5. I woke up this morning and felt so thankful. From extremely thoughtful gifts to some amazingly kind words via text, I’m just blown away by the love. I don’t deserve the friends I have, so thanks for making my day of birth ever so special. Let the celebrations continue (preferably in these new shoes that should be arriving on my porch today)!