Has it really already been one week?! Jeez Louise. Here’s what’s been movin’ & shakin’ lately.
1. After work on Friday, my friend and I hit up Power Life Yoga’s parking lot party event. We did yoga in their lot, munched on food, made fun bracelets and did my newfound favorite activity, AcroYoga. You balance human bodies on yourself and vice versa. We had so much fun as you can tell below.
2. Look at my cat and now you know exactly what I have looked like ummm most weeknights after 7:00 p.m. I have been needed a ton of downtime after the NYC trip and a hectic life. Needless to say, I’m knee deep in Sex and the City and realize that every situation that happens I can relate back to the show. I know I’m like, way late on watching the show, but IDC.
3. I appreciated this quote a lot this week.
“I am trying to see things in perspective. My dog wants a bite of my peanut butter chocolate chip bagel. I know she cannot have this, because chocolate makes dogs very sick. My dog does not understand this. She pouts and wraps herself around my leg like a scarf and purrs and tries to convince me to give her just a tiny bit. When I do not give in, she eventually gives up and lays in the corner, under the piano, drooping and sad. I hope the universe has my best interest in mind like I have my dog’s. When I want something with my whole being, and the universe withholds it from me, I hope the universe thinks to herself: “Silly girl. She thinks this is what she wants, but she does not understand how it will hurt.” – THEORIES ABOUT THE UNIVERSE by Blythe Baird
4. So I’m all about the local purchasing of food and CSAs and all that jazz, but I am literally so terrible at eating produce before it goes bad. My success rate is probably less than 20%. So look what I’ve been learning! FREEZING THE FOOD. What a concept…
5. I’m loving Spotify’s “Morning Communite” playlist. Like this song for example. Crank it up and have a lovely Friday and rest of the weekend. I am going to try to hit up the farmers market Saturday…since you know…Des Moines is now rated #1 up and coming foodie city. 😉