1. As if you didn’t get enough from my Instagram, I’m moved into my new space and I have a lot of office love. My old office desk used to be right at the front entrance, meaning I greeted every person who came in & often got very sidetracked. Now, doors. And privacy. Hooray!
2. I made authentic sweet and spicy chicken! My supervisor’s mother is from Thailand and she passed along this recipe. It wasn’t perfect, but I also lack a lot of patience when it comes to cooking, so we deal.
3. I started grad school again on Monday. I’m excited for both of my classes (economic development and an advanced community development course), but am a little frightened about any sort of free time as one professor said “this class will be a LOT of work.” What!? Don’t tell me that.
4. Thank you Julia for emailing me this article on self-care. “In its ideal forms, self-care enacts a labor slowdown and asserts the right to be lazy, the right to stop working. Yet, as demonstrated by my former co-worker, who ran herself in circles in her quest to de-stress, self-care can go awry when it ends up seeming like work in and of itself, something that we’re obligated to do to improve ourselves.”
5. Ebates. If you’re not doing it and you buy stuff online a lot, stop waiting. You get free money for most purchases.