1. What I love about the Des Moines community (and having some pretty amazing pals) is that when you have an idea, at least 15 people will want to help you. Putting together the very basics of a female incubator has so many people excited that I am starting to see a little snowball effect that happened with POP UP YOGA.
“Note to self: You gotta do this for you. This is for you. This isn’t about anybody. Live for you. Honor you. Never lose sight of that.”
2. We had the loveliest of weekends in Texas! Zach, Val and I went down to meet up with his parents who are biking across America, just the two of them. Talk about a shared experience; the memories were flooding from that hot, hot summer of 2012. We stopped at a lot of breweries and ate our way through Houston, Austin, San Antonio and some cute towns in between. Whole30 had to pause because there was green chili and Rainy Street.
3. Recent movie recommendations? I am planning for a Saturday Staycation. I’m not allowing myself to leave the apartment. A forced day of rest sounds intense, but it’s my birthday month & I want to enjoy all of it. 😉
4. I have come to terms that when I cook something, I’m usually disappointed. Like, why is my chicken always dry or rubbery? But, last night I had a moment of total joy from this green curry crockpot masterpiece. Please make this.
5. The Timehop app may be one of my all-time favorite apps as of late. Seeing posts from seven years ago when I spoke in third person about college-isms on Facebook makes me feel like I have grown up a lot and not at all, depending on what I said.