If you know me well, you know I loooove change. I crave newness, growth, and adventure.
However, when September hits, I sink a little deeper in my chair and enjoy a season of slowing down, even if it’s just a little bit.
Here’s what a bit of the fall includes:
- Transitioning to Managing Director at Think Digital. I’m pretty ecstatic to grow in Think Digital and after a year at the company, it made sense to take more of a leadership role. I officially start today!
- Wrapping up our summer calendar for POP UP YOGA DSM. We have a few more events this fall, but winter is for planning, seeing what worked, and revamping. There is also something in the works right now that will support other cities/towns launching their own POP UP YOGA through a “system” online. More to come… 😉
- Training and completing a sprint triathlon. As someone who spends a loooot of time online for work and extracurricular hobbies, I was really craving some time away from the computer and an opportunity to hang out with Zach more, while being active! We decided that no matter how the sprint tri goes, it has been a cool opportunity to hang out and spend more time together. PS I still hate running.
- Heading to The Great American Beer Festival. Thanks to Zach’s pretty stellar travel agency tricks, we found tickets from Des Moines to Denver for $70 over the beer festival weekend. No brainer.
- Minimize, declutter, unplug. In eager anticipation of the change in seasons, I made a goal to get rid of something every single day for two months straight. From deleting old files on my computer to cleaning out my sock bin, getting rid of unused “stuff” has been totally freeing. I also deleted a ton of apps, have no push notifications (except Timehop, because my streak is too good right now), and pretty much always have my phone in night mode. Less, less, less. I can’t emphasize how much this has changed my life.
Photo Cred: Ivory House Photography