Another week, another Friday Fives. This week seemed to go faster than any other one… anyone else feel the same?
1. I celebrated my very first Mother’s Day. I slept in until 8 a.m. (!!!!) and Z made me breakfast. My only wish for Mother’s Day was breakfast in bed + a walk… creative, I know. For some reason or another I decided it was time to open the mail (is anyone else really bad at checking their mail?) and opened up this sweetest little necklace from my SIL, Olivia! It says it’s from her and my brother, but we all know it’s too cute to be from Lucas. Love you bro. ⭐️
2. I didn’t get the attention too long for Mother’s Day because the next day was Zach’s birthday! His wish was to keep making progress on our Pan American Highway trip. Haven’t shared too much about this yet, but will absolutely be documenting this 10-15 year quest our little family is taking over on our travel blog, IOWANDERERS. Yes, we have a travel blog because I am who I am. Here we are in Lamoni!
3. MY BABY ROLLED OVER THIS WEEK. Who knew that something so small could be the most rewarding thing to witness. Here she is in a couple cute bows my mom got her from Suite Dreams here in Des Moines. I’m quite literally so obsessed with hair accessories that I’ve been spending HOURS of time on the internet collecting fabric ideas to make some of our own. My mom and MIL are both good with the sewing machine so I may task them with creating them.
Would you put these types of fabrics on your babies head in the cutest bows ever (or buy them as a gift)? If 10 people say yes you know I’ll start an Etsy shop like tomorrow…. 😂
4. Snagged this little gem that will hopefully arrive next week for the dining room. We noticed our dining room table was becoming the dumping ground for packages, mail, baby stuff, and everything else except dishes. So if we wanted to enjoy a dinner together we had nowhere to go! I put some shelves up and am snagging an outdoor rug today at Target. I opted for an outdoor rug because I’m envisioning my 3-month old throwing her food everywhere as she gets older and, well, I tried a tufted shag cream rug before and that was a horrible idea.
5. I had a pretty big revelation this week when it comes to local businesses. And then it was all confirmed even more with a couple calls I had with potential clients. The digital world and marketing your business with the incredible tools offered feel complicated, messy, and hard to grasp. But when you start to understand their benefits, how they work, and can tie them all together… my goodness you have a really beautiful marketing machine that takes so little effort and costs so, so little. Long story short, I’m finally taking all the knowledge in my brain I use for my 90-day Local Launch program and turning it into an online course. I shared this initial concept on Instagram and offered the first ten people who inquire 50% off and got a great response so only a few more spots are open to snag this.
From email marketing (how to start it, how to grow your list, best emails to send, how to tag people) to building a Facebook Group (how to start, how to manage, how to grow it, content prompts, how to sell in it) to creating local experiences (event hosting 101, getting the word out, building excitement, why hosting an event can be a great tool to grow your visibility and revenue), this thing is going to be JAM PACKED with value. Our community offers amazing workshops and programs that focus on business growth, but I feel like what’s missing is showing how to link them all together powerfully. Choppy marketing efforts will get you choppy results.
SO I’M REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!! 🥳 Just contact me on Insta or Facebook if you want to learn more. Happy to assist you.
That’s all friends. Happy Friyay!