Still feeling so energized about putting these out and your responses have meant so much to me. Let’s dive into this week’s Friday Fives.
1. One thing I know to be true about myself is lacking discipline, which frankly, makes writing Friday Fives sometimes a “chore” than a fun little project. If I don’t feel like doing something, I’m not great at motivating myself to do it. It was starting to get ridiculous so I was thinking if I gamified it and made activity completion more reward based, I might find myself eager to do things. And after two months of having the Productive app for my iPhone, I can definitely say I’ve been getting really good at daily/weekly habits!
One habit I really wanted to nail was washing my face day and night. My new facial oil and night cream makes it much more enjoyable to do so, but for a while I was just skipping this routine. I have pretty dry skin and need moisturizer in my life pretty regularly and I also hate waking up with makeup on, I feel so gross! So I have had a really good streak on doing this daily. I also made a commitment to myself to get 30-minutes of daily activity. I initially set it up as going to Crossfit on specific days, but with my work and Penelope, I wasn’t able to always honor that (also… COVID). The 30-minutes of movement was the perfect solution for me so I could go on a walk with Penelope, ride my bike, or do an online yoga class! Other daily habits: journal/alignment time, vitamins, half gallon water jug filled up FULL every morning to track water intake. I can’t say enough good things about this. Once I solidify a few more habits, I’ll be adding more. More habits completed equals more rewards. 🙃
2. I went down a Pinterest rabbit hole the other day and become obsessed with the idea of painting my kitchen. I took a poll on Insta and majority of people said keep it white, but add some pops of color by painting the door, adding plants, rugs, etc. So I will not be painting the kitchen and instead adding the rug below, a couple hanging pots (one pictured below), and a couple wall pots all from West Elm! I will report back when it’s done.
3. If you haven’t read Untamed yet, it’s absolutely amazing. Glennon drops nuggets of wisdom basically on every page. I freaking loved it. It’s part of why I’m showing back up doing Friday Fives. It’s why I’m diving into new ideas and concepts without overthinking how others will perceive it. Here are two quotes that resonated with me:
4. I’ve made these Korean meatballs TWICE which means a) they’re really easy to make (literally five min before you pop in the oven) and b) they’re freaking delicious. Tried it with ground pork and then tried it with ground beef. Both were winners.
5. We put up a tent in our bedroom to entertain ourselves during quarantine. We all slept in it for about four hours before our backs hurt, but Penelope’s bassinet stayed in there. I came upstairs the next day to a tent with lights clipped to it and a TV in one of the doors. We are doing fun little “tent adventures” in “new cities.” Welcome to… Mexico. I don’t know how y’all are entertaining yourselves but this one gives me a real chuckle.